Elli

Monday 1 February 2016

*~Feeling Sketchy #138~* *Friendship comes from the Heart*

*** Well, Hello There***

How have you been, My Dear Arty Scrappy & Cardmaking Friends?

Here is this weeks Design Team card I created with the Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #138 which went live today 2-1-16...

Our lovely sketch by Michelle van Wyk... 



My card...

*Friendship comes from the Heart*








This beautiful old school table has a very special history...

My Aunt & Uncle gave it to me after their son Cobus died in 1992.
Cobus was my cousin and like a brother to me.  He died in a shooting accident at the age of 22,
while his wife was pregnant with their daughter who was born a month later.
I am so happy that this is something from Cobus I can keep close to my heart.
I do not have anything else of him, except a few photos and lots of wonderful memories of all the great things we did together as kids and growing up with him as my friend and my "brother".
He has been gone longer than he was with us, 23 years, but he will always live in our hearts. ♥


*COBUS* 





This pic looked so lovely on my table in our television room with the purple t-yarn rug we are using as a table cover.  Love the purple background with the yellow! :-)





Thank you so much for visiting and have a FANTASTIC day!!

Remember to join us at Feeling Sketchy
making pretty things with us!

Hugs



*~Erica~*

2 comments:

  1. Love the card.. the colors and all the embelli's you worked with. Loved the story of your cousin and how special he was to you... sorry for the loss for your family, no matter how long ago it was something still hurt.

    Hugs girlie!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card.. the colors and all the embelli's you worked with. Loved the story of your cousin and how special he was to you... sorry for the loss for your family, no matter how long ago it was something still hurt.

    Hugs girlie!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete