Elli

Friday 15 January 2016

Let's Scrap Sketch 1-15-16 ~ *Globe Trotter*

Dear Arty Scrappy Friends,

it has been a hectic week with our school year starting.
I am one tired mamma this Friday afternoon, so sorry my post is a bit late.
We had such a lovely and blessed holiday in which our family had the FANTASTIC opportunity to see more of our country's lovely Limpopo province!!

Christmas was quite relaxed, having it at our home with my parents and New Year we made a bonfire in our garden, braai'd lamb chops and sandwiches and sat next to the bonfire until it burnt out in the cool summer's night, watching the stars, awaiting 2016.  Tremendously special.


Today I would like to share with you my Design Team layout for the Let's Scrap Sketch #1-15-16...
*Globe Trotter*.

This layout is about some of the pics my husband has taken from inside planes, mostly of planes, on his travels for work that takes him all over the globe. I plan on doing a few more layouts on some of the nicest pics he took.  He is not a vivid photographer though, so I always have to beg him to take pics for me so I can see what the places look like that he passes through.  He is a no nonsense man and go to do a job.  Once he said that he saw more in London in one day with me than he ever saw in something like 10 visits to London for work. :-)  I plan on taking him to see even more in the near future!! <3

Well, this is the fantastic sketch we got to work with by the ever so talented Michelle van Wyk...


I found this sketch as the most challenging of all the sketches I had to work with during this term at Let's Scrap... and I totally loved it!!!   I tried out several different strips, in different colours with different ideas...  I had this layout on my table for days... wondering how to do the globe part in the middle... as I loved the idea of a traveling layout with the globe in the middle, and that is what I wanted... so I was happily surprised in finding the clock transparent, papers, tags and gold alphas in a stacked away light green folder in my stash, goodies we received years ago from Heidi Swapp at the SA Scrapbook Convention, needless to say, it was perfect for what I wanted to do!!!

This is my layout called:

*Globe Trotter*

I made use of a mist colour called Espresso which I spritzed and also splashed all over.
I used Tim Holtz' Distress Ink in Vintage Photo {my favourite!}.
I also distressed the photos, {not using inks, but scissors} the other way to distress as in scraping the photos all around with a small sharp scissors to create an old vintage feel to it.


The close ups...

Here you can see the strips a bit closer...
I also distressed these a little bit with scissors so that the white part could show and give it more of a vintage feeling too.







 



The round clock transparent from Heidi Swapp...


 I used a lot of stamping... the stamp at the bottom of this photo is of a map which worked beautifully on the tag.  I crinkled the small cream tags I also found in the green folder, stamped all over them, distressing with Vintage Photo and writing on it in my own handwriting.
The stars and "postal waves" are also stamps.


 This photo is one of my favourites that my husband took from inside the plan just before it took off using the Hipstamatic app on his iPhone.
I tried to use pics that he took of planes from inside a plane,
but this one I could NOT resist, it's beauty is outstanding!!


Well, this is it for today friends, please remember to check out my card *Catch Your Dreams* for the Feeling Sketchy DT here...
of which the challenge #137 were also published today and come and play with us on both blogs!

 Thank you so much for visiting,
I hope you enjoyed my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it!


Have a lovely weekend!
 

Hugs

*~Erica~*








No comments:

Post a Comment