Elli

Monday 26 October 2015

*~CSI Case File #178~* *DREAM STARS*

Well hello there my Dear Arty Scrappy Friends!

We are having a lovely cool Summer's Day here in South Africa.  The Jacaranda trees are in full bloom and our city of Pretoria is covered in a beautiful purple carpet.  Our own front garden is no exception and it is too beautiful for words to describe.  I feel yet again thankful for where I have been planted and doing my best to bloom as the Jacaranda trees are doing. ♥







Today I would like to share with you my layout created for the CSI Case File #178 called "Dream Stars".  These photos are super special to me and the moments beautifully captured.

This is the Case File from CSI...




*Dream Stars*


 


 How I solved the case:


THE SCHEME ~ I used all 5 colors

EVIDENCE ~ The clues I used:
  • a typewriter
  • stamps/rub-ons ~ I did some stamping with different stamps and the old typewriter font I used on Word to type my Haiku is called *My Underwood*.  The title is rub ons in an old typewriter font.
  • borders ~ I used a little frame.
TESTIMONY {Choose at least 1 clue}
  • Topic: I documented a favorite photo of my daughter when she was 16.
  • Presentation:  I used a typewriter font.
  • Writing Format:  I wrote a Haiku about my sweet daughter whom I love dearly.
  • Inspiration Words: adventure, smile, instant ~ use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title... To me her adventures are only starting.  A new life after finishing High School.  Starry dreams and bright eyes. ♥
COMPOSITE SKETCH ~ I used the sketch given, LOVED IT!!! ♥




Herewith some close ups...


 The papers I used is from the Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Collection {totally LOVE it!!!}

I used some stamping with Staz On Jet Black & also with Archival VersaMagic Sierra Vista.
I used mists for a few splatters.

As I said before, the title has been done with rub ons in a typewriter font.  I've had them in my stash for years {and luckily they were still working perfectly!}


 



To accent the corners, I used some Ardirondack Earthtones Acrylic Paint Dabber in Terra Cotta and Ranger Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap.





Thank you so much for visiting my blog and don't forget to follow.

Have a Wonderful Monday & an Awesome Week!
Remember, there will only be one 26 October 2015... make the best of it, be kind & share some love with your fellow humans! ♥♥♥


Hugs

*~Erica ~*



1 comment:

  1. A beautiful page Erica and I love the journalling and kind of shabby chic feel. Such tranquil pics of the Jakarandas.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete